🌱 Death of an 18-year-old and two others injured + Shopping center sold
Hello again, Round Rock! Important Update: All of you as readers have made Round Rock Daily such a success that I am honored to announce the next phase of the newsletter. The fix is looking for a local writer and entrepreneur to lead the Round Rock Daily. While I loved getting to know this community, we want to pass the torch to someone truly local to write about Round Rock for the long term. So if you want to earn some extra income while making this newsletter a more valuable resource for your neighbors, Learn more and apply here.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A few morning showers. High: 87 Low: 70.
Here are today’s top three stories at Round Rock:
- The Round Rock Police Department said 18-year-old Arturo Granados of Round Rock was found dead after a shooting in the 1600 block of Gattis School Road on Tuesday night. JTwo other men suffered non-life-threatening gunshot wounds and were taken to St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center and St. David’s North Austin Medical Center. The RRPD said it was an isolated incident and there was no immediate danger to the public. However, Police Chief Allen Banks said: “One shooting is too much for Round Rock. Our officers are committed to making this city one of the safest in the country. We will work tirelessly to ensure justice. be rendered in this case.” Anyone with information is asked to call police at (512) 218-5500 or submit a tip anonymously online. (KXAN)
- Real estate investment firm BH Properties has announced its purchase of Round Rock Crossing, a shopping center located at the intersection of I-35 and SH 45. Scott Henry, Managing Director of Acquisitions for BH Properties, said, “We can offer attractive rental terms to new tenants and revitalize the center, which serves nearly 300,000 residents within a five-mile radius. (Community Impact Journal)
- Bayleaf Indian Restaurant and Bar, located at 3200 Greenlawn Boulevard, Suite 280 in Round Rock, opened on March 22, 2022. According to the menu of the restaurant, it offers authentic North Indian delicacies. The restaurant can also accommodate vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free dietary needs. (Community Impact Journal)
Today at Round Rock:
- Preschool story time At the Round Rock Public Library (10:30 a.m.)
- Music on Main: Lunchtime Series At 221 E. Main Street (11:30 AM)
- Virtual Resume Reboot Workshop At the Round Rock Public Library (4:00 p.m.)
- Williamson County Genealogical Society Meeting At the Round Rock Public Library (7:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Looking for a new home in the Round Rock area? Check out this list of open houses in your area! (Round Rock Patch)
- Congratulations to Round Rock ISD for being named one of the Top Communities for Music Education Designation by the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Foundation! RRISD was honored for its outstanding commitment to music education. (Facebook)
Do you like the Round Rock Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
That’s all for today! See you tomorrow for your next update.
— Rose Mendez
About me: Rose Mendez is a freelance writer. She is studying English Literature at Hunter College. She loves to read, walk around the city and have a coffee!