🌱 New Peachtree Corners+ shopping app this weekend at Gwinnett
Happy Friday, people of Duluth! Let’s keep up to date with what’s happening locally to start today on an informed note.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partly sunny, then becoming cloudy. High: 76 Low: 58.
Here are the top three stories from today in Duluth:
- For Duluth shoppers who frequent Peachtree Corners, this one’s for you: the new Peachtree Corners app, Choose PTC, brings incredible benefits in addition to supporting local businesses. The points-based program offers rewards to users who shop locally. The launch event will take place May 2 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 5200 Town Center Blvd. Anyone who registers on site will receive a special code to get 10 bonus PTC points worth $10. ( The constitution of the Atlanta newspaper)
- Georgia Gwinnett College will host a Poet Laureate as its keynote speaker next month for the first time in college history. In a recent announcement, Hank Stewart will deliver the commencement address for the Class of 2022. The ceremony will begin at 10 a.m. on May 11 at Gas South Arena in Duluth. Learn more about Stewart at the link. (Free: Spotlight on Georgia; Subscription: Gwinnettdailypost.com)
- Want to know what’s happening in town this weekend? For one thing, Food Truck Friday is back for the summer in Duluth, serving up amazing food starting at 6 p.m. The festivities will launch the Duluth Spring Arts Festival in downtown Duluth. For more information Click here and check out the rest of the events at Gwinnett this weekend at the following link. (Press Release Office)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. Doing spring cleaning chores? Why not also refresh your home security. Secure windows, doors and more with up to $80 off select Pro Alarm Kits. Don’t wait, deals end 5/1 at 9:00 PM PST.
Today in Duluth:
- Eddie Owen Presents: Danielle Howle At the Red Clay Music Foundry (8:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- “Groovin’ on the Green” returns to Brook Run Park in Dunwoody, less than 30 minutes from Duluth. The concert series will begin on June 11 and run every second Saturday of the month until October. (Journalist newspapers)
- If you are looking for a new furry friend to add to the family, stop by a Duluth area animal shelter and check out these adorable adoptable pets! (Duluth patch)
- Georgia Gwinnett College recently unveiled four new entertainment-related degrees. Read more about these programs in the Gwinnett Daily Post. (Gwinnettdailypost.com)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Daily Transport Mini Class – April 30 (April 30)
- Spring Festival at Christ the King Lutheran in Peachtree Corners (April 30)
- Latin Night Atlanta – Dinner and Dancing at Tony’s Sports Grill John’s Creek (April 30)
- Hire a pro to tackle mom’s to-do list (May 8)
- Webinar on retirement taxes on 5/10 and 5/12 (May 10)
- Add your event
You are officially informed for today. I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow with your next update!
— Nicole Tess Kazora
About me: Nicole is a freelance writer who graduated from the University of Maryland with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. Deep down, she enjoys painting portraits in acrylics, listening to political and social commentary, and examining social science research.