A minor fire broke out at the Keshari Mall in the heart of Bhubaneswar on Sunday, but no casualties have been reported so far, a fire officer said.
Smoke was seen billowing from the mall’s first and second floors and firefighters extinguished the flames, he said.
The exact reason for the incident has yet to be determined, but it could be due to a short circuit on the first floor, Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) Mayor Sulochana Das said.
Das ordered an investigation into the incident.
This was the second fire in the mall. On April 16, a major fire burnt properties worth thousands of rupees to ashes.
(Only the title and image of this report may have been edited by Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Business Standard has always endeavored to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that matter to you and that have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your constant encouragement and feedback on how to improve our offering has only strengthened our resolve and commitment to these ideals. Even in these challenging times stemming from Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative opinions and incisive commentary on relevant topical issues.
However, we have a request.
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to bring you more great content. Our subscription model has received an encouraging response from many of you who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of bringing you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practice the journalism we are committed to.
Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.